Commercial HVAC/R Technician - Now offering $5000 sign on bonus!
Barr, Inc. is looking for a Commercial HVAC/R Technician to add to their team! Barr, Inc., the world’s leader in commercial refrigeration is an excellent family-owned business that is forward thinking and rewards employees for creative ideas. Join our team for a rewarding career.
Summary/Objective: Our Refrigeration Technicians to work in-house refurbishing commercial units (evaporators, condensers, condensing units, racks, chillers) for the world’s leader in the industry, Barr, Inc. All work is done in house in a heated and air-conditioned shop.
All tools are furnished by company. No travel or on-call status. No nights or weekends.
- Fabricate and assemble structural and functional components of refrigeration system, using hand tools, power tools, and welding equipment.
- Lift and align components into position using a hoist.
- Braze or solder parts to repair defective joints and leaks.
- Test lines, components, and connections for leaks.
- Dismantle systems and test components, using electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic testing equipment.
- Adjust or replace worn or defective mechanisms and parts, and reassemble repaired systems.
- Install wiring to connect components to an electric power source.
- Perform mechanical overhauls and refrigerant reclaiming.
- Cut, bend, thread, and connect pipe to functional components and water, power, or refrigeration system.
- Communicate problems and concerns to Production Supervisor.
- Repair refrigerant leaks, evaporators, coolers and freezers.
- Process refrigerant in accordance to EPA Regulations.
- Track refrigerant use per FL & EPA guidelines.
- Electrical control wiring and troubleshooting of controls.
- Analyze mechanical operation of units for proper operation.
- Order necessary repair parts.
- Build and mount units on pallets/frames for shipping purposes.
- Available and willing to help in different areas of the company as needed in a positive, professional manner.
- Ensure a positive communication dialogue and respect with all supervisors, peers and subordinates.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time or without notice.
Required Education, Experience and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- EPA Certification (Universal)
- Refrigeration/HVAC/Electrical experience
- Metal Fabrication
- Good written/verbal communication
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Welding and pluming skills a plus, but not required
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company Paid $25,000 Life Insurance policy
- 6 Paid Holidays
- 401K matching
- 3 weeks’ vacation annually
- Hours are Monday – Thursday 6:30am-4:30pm
For information on Barr, Inc., please visit https://www.barrinc.com/.
Barr, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.